Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Crusted Chicken

So, I went to a cooking class in Sur La Table, Cooking 101: Proteins. It was a really good class, which taught me, among many things, how to bread a protein, and cook it. So, I decided to give it a try:
We have the flour mixed with salt and other spices here..


Then, here you can see the egg wash, with just a tiny bit of milk
Here is the bread crumbs. I had to heavily toast 2 slices of bread, and reduce it to crumbs to get this.

And here you see the chicken , first applied flour, then the egg wash, and finally the bread crumbs. It is frying/being seared on  a hot pan with  olive oil in it. I cooked it until it became golden brown-ish. Do not mind the black looking  bread crumbs, they were already like that out of the toaster.
Yup, that is me, posing like a real chef, with my towel on my shoulder, as I have seen other chefs put their towels there.


 And finally, me displaying my chicken, after cooking the chicken in the oven until it became safely above 165F inside.

No comments: